4

Closed

Installation problems

description

I am running Win 8.1 and using Visual Studio Express 2013.

I downloaded the zip file, followed the instructions , installed all the SDKs included in the /packages.

In VS I see an error complaining about Bing.maps for javascript version. I removed the Bing maps from the References then I added it back and the error went away. I rebuild.

When I launch codeShowWin81JS I get a javascript exception:
Exception is about to be caught by JavaScript library code at line 4163, column 25 in ms-appx://microsoft.winjs.2.0/js/base.js

0x800c0005 - JavaScript runtime error: The system cannot locate the resource specified.

If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.
I have done this on two separate machines, one is a desktop and the other is a Surface Pro, and I get the same results on both machines.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank
Closed May 13 at 1:43 PM by codefoster
Something I did caused a lot of the project files to be encoded in an unsupported format. Something else I did fixed it :)

comments

ToloJake wrote Apr 15 at 6:21 PM

Files are missing from the solution which base.js is trying to find, ehh yeah the solution project had files that went missing.

ToloJake wrote Apr 15 at 7:57 PM

I fixed it some way, there were missing .html files from demo folders so I went ahead and deleted the folders containing the missing resource files.

I ran the debugger and took note of all of the missing html files shown as errors in the JavaScript Console and deleted the folder they were suppose to be contained in. eg.. such as the Flotr and Flexbox demo folder. :(

BobSilva wrote Apr 17 at 5:41 PM

Right. Apparently there are some 33 <app>.html files missing from the various demos folders. I just watched the entire MVA series of videos on this and found it very helpful. Is there anyway to get these missing files back in the repository and make this project whole once again?

Thanks,
Bob

codefoster wrote Apr 18 at 2:52 PM

I'm looking into this and will let you know. I took a cursory glance and didn't see any missing files in the directory, but I'll look more into it. Thanks.

n4jvp wrote Apr 23 at 4:03 PM

I have been able to build and run codeshow after removing 34 of the demo directories from the project. The following directories are the ones that were removed from the project :
animationlibrary
appbar
authentication
binding
bingmaps
bowling
boxprops
crypto
d3
files
flexbox
flotr
flyouts
fragment
grid
gridster
hub
iframes
input
itemcontainer
listviews
mediacap
navbar
print
progressbar
promises
rating
reactive
repeater
secondtile
storage
textprops
webservices
webview

Needless to say codeshow has been an exercise of frustration thus far.

codefoster wrote May 12 at 3:34 PM

I think this has been resolved by now. A pull should fix the issue. Let me know if it does not. Sorry for the trouble. Works on my machine :)