Runtime errors when executing codeShow.JS.Windows (Windows 8.1) Project

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Hi - I'm new to WIndows 8 JS development. I' making my way through the Channel 9 and MVA videos and I'm trying to run the codeShow program after downloading from codeplex.com.
[I installed all package dependencies and the projects build with no errors.]

However, I'm getting a runtime error when I'm executing the JS windows 8.1 project. Specifically:

HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
File: default.html
HTML1701: Unable to add dynamic content '<select msallowclip=''><option selected=''></option></select>'. A script attempted to inject dynamic content, or elements previously modified dynamically, that might be unsafe. For example, using the innerHTML property to add script or malformed HTML will generate this exception. Use the toStaticHTML method to filter dynamic content, or explicitly create elements and attributes with a method such as createElement. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=247104.
SCRIPT5: Exception is about to be caught by JavaScript library code at line 4163, column 25 in ms-appx://microsoft.winjs.2.0/js/base.js
0x800c0005 - JavaScript runtime error: The system cannot locate the resource specified.
File: base.js, Line: 4163, Column: 25
APPHOST9623: The app couldn’t resolve ms-appx://36805codefoster.codeshow/demos/animationlibrary/animationlibrary.html because of this error: RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

The exception is being raised in the file data.js

These lines in data.js appear relevant:
                    //get the title from the html file
                    //(for demos without section folders, this will intentionally and silently fail)
Any help would be appreciated.
Aug 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM
I'm was hoping that someone would respond to the above question; it's still unresolved for me.

As best as I can determine, some of the git repositories and zip downloads of the codeshowJS project are missing some project files. For example, the /demos/animationlibrary/animationlibrary.html file does not exist in the Master branch zip file I download or the git repository I clone.

If the file is not present, an exception like this is thrown when the project is run: APPHOST9623: The app couldn’t resolve ms-appx://36805codefoster.codeshow/demos/animationlibrary/animationlibrary.html because of this error: RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

This animationlibrary.html file does exist in the "scratch" branch and I was able to get the project running from there, but it's not at all clear to a novice user what branch is stable and should be downloaded. The scratch branch seems to be a work in progress.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM
All true. It has not been clear. The scratch branch has been merged into the master, so I'm hoping it's clear now. Thanks for your patience. I'll try to respond to discussion questions here quicker, so please let me know if you have any trouble with it now.