Errors in forked project

May 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Edited May 5, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I forked and cloned codesow project through VS 2013 Professional, yesterday. It shows the message "cloning successful". I installed necessary references from the packages folder from my local clone. And now I'm trying to run the project in VS. It gives me following errors:

xception is about to be caught by JavaScript library code at line 4163, column 25 in ms-appx://microsoft.winjs.2.0/js/base.js

0x800c0005 - JavaScript runtime error: The system cannot locate the resource specified. (For this, it highlights code from here WinJS.xhr({ url: format("/demos/{0}/{0}.html", demo.name), responseType: "document" })
in data.js"

And in JavaScript console, there is this error: The app couldn’t resolve ms-appx://36805codefoster.codeshow/demos/animationlibrary/animationlibrary.html because of this error: RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

What can be the problem? How to solve these errors? Thanks

I tried to comment out WinJS.xhr part from the data.js and then compiled the project. It ran successfully, but obviously the demo pages were not shown, only I can see team.
Then I uncomment that part. To get rid of animationLibrary.html resource not found error, I renamed that animationLibrary folder in solution explorer to different name. And compiled the project again. Now I get the same resource not found error for second folder, "appbar".... hope to get some lights on this...
May 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I have the same problem when I download the app and try to run it.

The only difference is that in the javascript console I get the same error but with ms-appx://36805codefoster.codeshow/demos/appbar/appbar.html instead of the animation library.

In order to have the universal app templates available, I installed "Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC: Windows Phone 8.1 Tools, Shared Projects and Universal Windows Apps" before trying to run CodeShow if this can be a useful info.
Coordinator
May 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Thank you for the feedback. You're totally right that I need to put a note in there. We've been concentrating on moving quickly on keeping codeShow current by upgrading it to a universal app, but we need to make sure to be clear about that for folks that want to get involved.
By the way, if you don't want to upgrade to Update 2 yet, you do have the option of going to the SOURCE CODE tab here in the CodePlex project page and then finding an older version of the code before it was converted to the universal project (see the git commit comments).