Dynamic and Database driven Application

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:18 AM

So, as a web application developer in PHP and ASP.NET i am very use to the applications like where one database is hosted on servers and all data is shown with respect to user and his settings.

Now, in windows 8 app is there any possible way to store user's data in some central database so it can b stay longer,

or in other words, making social website, database should be on some server. how we will access database. Specially in JS

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Absolutely. You can sign up for Azure and then choose between SQL Azure and Azure Mobile Services. SQL Azure will give you the full power of SQL Server for your app. Windows Azure Mobile Services (WAMS) is a very new and very exciting offering. It gives you easy access to data for your app with dynamic schematization and it also gives you authentication (via Microsoft, Google, Twitter, and Facebook), push notifications, and SMS and email services. It's way cool. The whole thing is free for 90 days and not too expensive after that... easily covered with the revenue from app sales or advertising. Let me know if you want more info. Might be easier to email me directly at jeremy.foster at microsoft.com.