How to make Streaming Application using HTML5, JavaScript

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I have a project to make a streaming application in windows 8. I have plan to use HTML5, JavaScript for this purpose and i think the <video> might do it for me?

I have installed the smooth video streaming API.

But looks like its not working for the SWF files. 

I need help what is exact way to make an application that loads live video from a server.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

If you’re talking about true streaming (like from an media server), you can’t really do that in HTML currently. Netflix’s post on the matter is the best explanation I’ve seen.

Good luck.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM
yes, the strewm will b showing from servers. Currently we have android app and smart tv app. Now we want windowsapp. So to work on c# ans xaml? Can u tell me where i can get documentation on that.

Sent: 12/10/2012 8:07 AM
To: sage29@live.com
Subject: Re: How to make Streaming Application using HTML5, JavaScript [codeshow:406048]

Hi. I just got back from vacation, so I apologize for the delay.

If you’re talking about true streaming (like from an media server), you can’t really do that in HTML currently. Netflix’s post on the matter is the best explanation I’ve seen.

Good luck.

Jeremy Foster

jeremy.foster@live.com // 206.250.7637

Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2012 12:45 AM
To: jeremy.foster@live.com
Subject: How to make Streaming Application using HTML5, JavaScript [codeshow:406048]

I have a project to make a streaming application in windows 8. I have plan to use HTML5, JavaScript for this purpose and i think the <video> might do it for me?

I have installed the smooth video streaming API.

But looks like its not working for the SWF files.

I need help what is exact way to make an application that loads live video from a server.

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM

SOLUTION

This is not a solution but still i want to update what i have done. My client is now installing "Microsoft Expression Encoder 4" on his server as per my request. So i will be using the output streams like "mms:[server]:port" in my <mediaElement tag, and i am using XAML - C# for this.

But if anyone know how to use this type of stream in HTML5 app, that would be a good thing.

Regards

Sagheer